ONTAP Discussions

Archiving SnapManager Exchange backup jobs

ianaforbes

Has anyone run archive jobs against their snapmanager exchange backup jobs? What method did you choose? Let's say I want to keep 7 days of snapmanager exchange backups online and archive the rest using backup exec. How is this accomplished?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

BrendonHiggins

We snapmirror to a 2nd data centre then mount the snapshots as flexclones on the 2nd remote filer. Connect the backup server to the luns in the flex clone. The windows host then just backs up the now local exchange files as if the exchange server was off line.

Works very well for us.

How this helps.

Brendon

ianaforbes

Thanks for the reply Brendon. My client doesn't have snapmirror or flexclone (unfortunately). The snapmanager docs list 3 methods. NDMP dump, mount the snapshot via snapdrive and use a windows host to backup, use backup agent to do a copy or differential backup.

I was just wondering of the 3 methods what people have found to be the easiest to deploy.

Cheers

Ian

alexkrenvalk

For  backup and recovery MS Exchange data you can use Exchange mailbox  recovery. It owns all necessary capabilities such as working under all  Windows OS and with all software configurations of your PC. The program  doesn't modify source data of edb during recovering.

Public