ONTAP Discussions

Attempting to Create SnapMirror Alerts in DFM

ryanstather

I have been attempting to configure alerts in DFM to notify myself when SnapMirror transfers are not transferring.  There are multiple options for SnapMirror alerts:

1. SnapMirror: Possible Problem

2. SnapMirror: Unknown State

3. SnapMirror: Not Working

4. SnapMirror: Not Scheduled

The options above are the ones I have configured and the one's below for obvious reasons are the one's I have not:

5. SnapMirror: Off

6. SnapMirror: Working

I set up two test volumes (SnapMirrored) and deliberately made the source volume larger than the destination so the transfer would fail.  I also have global alerts set up for "Volume Almost Full" and "Volume Full" and received these alerts but nothing related to SnapMirror.  If anyone has alerts similar to this that are functional or if I'm missing something basic here please chime in and set me straight...

Regards,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Ryan,    

You should either have BCO licensed ( Disater Recovery Manager and Backup Manager feature enabled) or Protection Manager licensed.

But why dont you try these or the corresponding filer traps from the filer itself if you dont have these features licensed in DFM.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

BrendonHiggins

Do you have protection manager?  I think it will give you the options but not alert unless it is licensed for the systems you are trying to monitor.

Bren

ryanstather

Unfortunately we do not have access to Protection Manager but I appreciate the suggestion.

adaikkap

Hi Ryan,    

You should either have BCO licensed ( Disater Recovery Manager and Backup Manager feature enabled) or Protection Manager licensed.

But why dont you try these or the corresponding filer traps from the filer itself if you dont have these features licensed in DFM.

Regards

adai

ryanstather

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm not too familiar with SNMP traps, etc...  If there are other ways to achieve the desired result I'm all for it so please provide any information you could...

Ryan

adaikkap

Let me get you how to get filer snmp traps and the procedure for the same.

regards

adai

pascalduk

Can you post it here? I am also interested

ryanstather

Hi Adai,

I appreciate the information.  Any chance you have the documentation you mentioned in your post?

Thanks,

Ryan

tatlee

I have the same situation before. You must have the Protection ManagerProtection Manager DR  licenses installed before you can get the snapmirror alerts.

Regards,

Terrence

Public