ONTAP Discussions

[CDOT] Change management IP addresses to different network

BOIWABOIWA

Hello,

I need to change the management IP addresses of our CDOT system; the new addresses are in a different network. Since we're currently using port e0a for management, I also want to switch back to e0M. Since there are quite some steps to achieve all this, I made a list of steps I have to perform:

1. Change IP-Address of SP on each node: system node service-processor network modify ...
2. Create routing groups for the new network for cluster and both node Vservers: network routing-groups create ...
3. Add e0M to the failover groups for cluster and node management: network interface failover-groups create ...
4. Change the network settings for cluster and node management: network interface modify ...
5. Remove e0a from the failover groups for cluster and node management: network interface failober-groups delete ...

Did I miss anything?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi,

Also consider:

6. Updating DNS with the appropriate A & PTR records (And CName aliases if you have them configured)

7. Updating any firewall rules in your environment

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Public