ONTAP Discussions

Can I use RLM to re-run the Initial configuration from the scratch, provided that RLM already has connectable IP?

SNETAPPUSER

HI All,

Just curious to know, Can I use RLM to re-run the Initial configuration (i.e. initial setup) from the scratch, provided that RLM already has connectable IP?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BALAJI_VENKATRAMAN

Please clarify what is the "initial setup" you are referring to ?Is it re-install of data ontap?

Please be careful when you do any such activity and do take netapp technical support help before you do it.

Note that RLM is just the console port i.e you can watch the filer as it boots .It gives you a view one level below the usual ontap cli.RLM just replaces the console cable and give you inline access to the storage.

While connecting to the RLM IP - you can view the boot options and select any one of them (re-initialize the disks) is one of them.fyi.

Hope this helps

Balaji

SNETAPPUSER

Yes, I am talking about re-installing Data ONTAP from the scratch.

rwelshman

Sure, rlm gives you a console view of the filer like you were connected directly via a serial cable. When you go through the setup process it will prompt again for the rlm details but the current information should be listed and you can just keep hitting enter as you go through it.

Public