ONTAP Discussions

Cannot Delete Qtree That Was a SnapVault Destination

TMADOCTHOMAS

Hello,

I am trying to destroy a snapvault relationship and recreate it. I have killed the relationship with the snapvault stop command on the destination and the snapvault release command on the source. When I try to recreate the relationship, the qtree is still there so it fails. I've gone to priv set advanced to delete the qtree directly with the qtree delete -f command, but I get "Read-only file system (37)". Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

georgevj

What is the status of the volume at the destination? is it readonly? 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

TMADOCTHOMAS

I'm actually not sure how to determine if it's read-only. What's the command? We're on 8.2.4 7-mode.

raj_shrivastava11

Hi,

Can you give the output of snapvault status <secondarypath>..?

Is this a only qtree in a volume?

snapvault stop can take time to delete the qtree as it has to clear lot of data. You cannot delete this qtree manually.

BR

Raj

georgevj

fas3250-cn> vol status vol1
Volume State Status Options
vol1 online raid_dp, flex nosnap=on
64-bit
Volume UUID: 5e51a582-c4d9-4720-afb7-ef89babde2ad
Containing aggregate: 'aggr2'

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you for your replies. The issue was resolved - turns out that if I log into the SP and issue the snapvault stop command, it runs to completion. The management console was timing out the command but the SP doesn't. Thanks again!

Public