ONTAP Discussions

Change Managment IP addresses in c-mode

dawho1621

Hey Everyone,

I'm fairly new to c-mode, and i have 2 - 4 node clusters that i've got set up and running great on 8.1.2.

Now i need to change management IP addresses for each node and also the cluster management IP addresses and i can't seem to find the commands to do it. (for the nodes i tried to do it at the node shell and that also did not work.)

Any help would be appreciated!

-Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dawho1621

I forgot that the node is also considered a vserver and I was failing to reference the node vserver to change that node managment IP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

scottgelb

cmode::> network interface modify

dawho1621

I forgot that the node is also considered a vserver and I was failing to reference the node vserver to change that node managment IP.

shyfur

Hi Can u please share me the details. how did u change the cluster managment IP and Node managment IP to a different subnet. Appriciate your kind co-operation.

akw_white

Are the new addresses on the same IP network/subnet as the old ones?

xcaliber

Just an update on this - for cDOT 8.3.  I had some issues finding the correct command with NetApp documentation.  You can change the e0M network interface IP/subnet with the following command (Run this from console connection)

CLUSTER::> network interface show -curr-port e0M

displays entries that can be modified for the e0M management port for proper command syntax

CLUSTER::> set advance

advance command structure - approve

CLUSTER::> network interface modify -vserver -lif LIFNAME -home-node HOMENODE -home-port e0M -address IPADDRESS -netmask NETMASK

you may have to include -force-subnet-assocation

The subnet should be created prior to moving IPs from my experience.

anthony_njoroge

network interface modify -vserver <XXXXXXX> -home-node <XXXXXXX> -home-port e0M -address <ip-address> -netmask <mask> -lif <LIF-ID>

jvalluvan

How can we set the gateway?

xcaliber

jvalluvan,

Check this documentation :

https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-nmg%2FGUID-2067E0EA-4907-4471-9274-2FB3655233A2.html

It looks like you may just be able to enter the -gateway option for this.  Let us know if you continue to have issues.

-xcaliber

Public