ONTAP Discussions

Client network utilization

CHRISHOLCOMB

Hello All,

Need some command line help as it pertains to network utilization. Trying to map what a client server's network utilization is and am having a hard time trying to figure this out. To give a little background, an issue occurred where a NFS volume was being hammered and I needed to try and figure out what client server was sending - or writing - the most data. I know what LIF(s) the communication was happening over but, unable to figure how to isolate the IP address with the high workload.

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

hariprak

Hi,

The perfstat will provide information about volume names that are experiencing high latencies. If nothing else is wrong, moving the volume to a less loaded node will provide immediate relief. Other options such as adding load sharing mirrors can also be explored.

For more details you can refer KB article: https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2017656 which talks about NFS resource not performing as quickly as expected (throughput or latency).

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

CHRISHOLCOMB

Thanks for the response!

Performance wasn't an issue. Just large amounts of data being written filling up the volume. As I mentioned before, would like to find a method to identify nodes sending large amounts of data.

Thanks again,

Chris

Public