ONTAP Discussions

Configuring Autosupport - Resolve DNS

kal

Hello,

I want to configure the AutoSupport for my Netapp. 

But my Netapp doesn't resolve my domain in the AutoSupport Setting.

Capture d’écran 2016-02-15 à 10.50.43.png

Concerning my Network :

- 10.0.0.0/24 is my cluster network

- 10.0.0.0/8 is my data network.

My default gateway is : 10.255.255.254/8

All SVMs of my nodes can ping Google for example : 

ping -node KSC-01-B -vserver SVM-NoeudB -destination google.fr '

But unfortunately, the Autosupport configuration doesn't resolve my mail domain. (mail.xxxx.com).

This is my route : 

show route.png

Best regards.

Kal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Emile-Bodin

Hi kal,

Autosupport uses the node mngt lifs and the node svm to resolve dns.

Assuming you use cdot 8.3, the following guide has more information and troubleshooting steps on Page 244 and 245  https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1636037

1. Verify the status of the node management LIF: network interface show -home-node local -role node-mgmt -fields vserver,lif,status-oper,status-admin,address,role The status-oper and status-admin fields should return up.

2. Record the SVM name, the LIF name, and the LIF IP address for later use.

3. Ensure that DNS is enabled and configured correctly: vserver services name-service dns show

4. Display all of the servers configured to be used by AutoSupport: systerm node autosupport show -fields mail-hosts Record all server names displayed.

5. For each server displayed by the previous step, and support.netapp.com, ensure that the server or URL can be reached by the node: network traceroute -node local -destination server_name

If any of these routes is not functioning, try the same route from a functioning host on the same subnet as the cluster, using the “traceroute” or “tracert” utility found on most third-party network clients. This assists you in determining whether the issue is in your network configuration or your cluster configuration.

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Public