ONTAP Discussions

Could not get primary host stab by ip/name

bmorse

We're in the process of migrating ossv relationships to a new storage controller.  When we create a new dataset and start the initial baseline we get the error "<dataset_name> Could not get primary name host stab by ip/name <hostname>.  It seems that the backup completes but the error puts it in a Warning state.  If we create a new dataset and add ossv directories we've removed from other datasets we get the warning.  If we add ossv directories that we not backed up before we don't get the warning for new ossv directories but do for the old ossv direcotires.  Since the backup completes successfully, I'll try a restore to validate the data is available.  Please advise.

Message was edited by: Brian Morse

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Can you give more information like

what is the DFM version ?

What is the ontap Version ?

What is the ossv version ?

Is it only the baseline job that's failing with this error or every update job ?

Is it being backed up to a vfiler on the destinations ?

Regards

adai

bmorse

what is the DFM version ? 4.0.0.6976   or 4.0D16

What is the ontap Version ?  8.0.1P2

What is the ossv version ?  Of the 4 servers I have already migrated 2 are running 3.0.1 while one is running 2.5 and the other is running 2.6.1.  I plan to upgrade the 2.5 server to 3.0.1 soon but the 2.6.1 is a Windows 2000 box that can't be upgraded any further. 

Is it only the baseline job that's failing with this error or every update job ?  It only appears to be the baseline job as the scheduled 5am job ran without the errors.  Maybe this means it’s a non issue?

Is it being backed up to a vfiler on the destinations ? No

Public