ONTAP Discussions

Creating Snap Drive snapshot in source environment and adding to DR server from destination

greeneyedmonster1

We have a server in our production enviroment. Using Snap Drive I have created a snapshot of one of the drives on this server. which is present on the source filer.

As the snapshot didnt seem to replicate to the destination filer using snapmirror I manually updated the sync betwen source and destination to push the snap shot to the destination filer.

I could see the snapshot was present in destination, so using Snap Drive on a DR server i tried to mount the LUN of the snapshot.

Unfortunatle I get the following error:

does anyone know what Im doing wrong?

cheers Mike

-------------------------  SnapDrive Operation Start ---------------------------------
Disk connect operation on server - GGH-P-HESSQL-X3 failed for reason
ZAPI: An attempt to set (convert_ucode) option to (on) on the volume (M_PL961_FC_LSQL070) of the storage system (gl-l-nas-963) failed. Error description: Volume 'M_PL961_FC_LSQL070' is a snapmirrored volume
--------------------- The complete operation list is shown as follows -------------------

********************* Server Name: GGH-P-HESSQL-X3*********************

1. Checking input parameters
2. Checking access control
3. ZAPI: An attempt to set (convert_ucode) option to (on) on the volume (M_PL961_FC_LSQL070) of the storage system (gl-l-nas-963) failed. Error description: Volume 'M_PL961_FC_LSQL070' is a snapmirrored volume 
------------------------------------------ Operation Done ---------------------------------------

0 REPLIES 0
Public