ONTAP Discussions

Creating snapmirror.conf Entries

Harisheldon

Greetings,

It seems that I have fallen into the category of the disgruntle employee area.  Upon his leaving the area, I was on leave and they went and accessed the snapmissor.conf files and deleted the contents.  Not the file, just the contents, so I will need to sit and type each line for the snapmirrors to start again.

I have gone through my notes and I am not sure on the exact verbiege on how the lines are constructed.  Could someone please give me an example of one line on how the snapmirror.conf is.  Also, for the time period, does anyone have the definitions on the when the snapmirror takes effect.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Harisheldon

All,

I just found some notes that I wrote where I had placed a copy of the files where the noe de-funked employee did not know about and I have all the answers I needed.  Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sgrant

Hello,

I'm guessing all the snapshots have expired that held the oriiginal file?

Please have a look at the snapmirror.conf examples in the Commands: Manual Page Reference p105 https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1511538

If you have any specific queries please let me know.

Cheers,

Grant.

Harisheldon

All,

I just found some notes that I wrote where I had placed a copy of the files where the noe de-funked employee did not know about and I have all the answers I needed.  Thanks for the reply.

Public