ONTAP Discussions

Deduplication status via HTTP administration?

CRAZYSONAR

Hi All,

I'm trying to do administration of NetApp devices through the HTTP-administration, and have seen no clue or mention of the deduplication feature.

Our version of OnTap is 7.3.4.

I know I can access this on the SSH cli session ("sis status" and "df -s"), but I'm looking for a way to get the deduplication status through HTTP. Does anyone know how it can be done?

Also, is there a general guide as to which HTTP commands I may access on our NetApp device? (e.g. sending an HTTP request and getting an XML response back from the device)

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

briansr

Almost certain filerview never implemented deduplication functions. As well this is not available going forward in future 8.x based releases. I would suggest you look into the netapp SDK for other management options that use a well defined API and light weight remote calls. Similarity there is the power shell toolkit.

CRAZYSONAR

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the answer, I am referring to the light-weight remote calls (HTTP or HTTPS requests), not the human Web-interface FilerView.

The problem is I could not find any info on these Web light weight remote calls. No API for them...

I know our code calls commands like "VolumeListInfo" and "LunListInfo" and such, but I can't seem to find any command that will retrieve any deduplication status from the NetApp device

If you know of a document which lists the possible HTTP / HTTPS calls I can make to the device, with the various commands I may call, it would be very helpful...

Thank you!

briansr

Ah that is a bit more clear.  Now I read you.  Have you seen this thread?  https://communities.netapp.com/thread/5637

Basically volume-list-info should return sis-info if the volume in question is deduplicated.  Or you would use sis-info without any paths and it woudl return the status of all sis volumes.  Or you could use sis-info with a valid path and it would return status for just that path. 

CRAZYSONAR

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your answer, I'll have a look at these and reply if I didn't find it.

Public