Disk to disk backup

blacktrack

Hi all,

Is there my problem,

I have a fas2050 with to controller and active/active

On the 1st controller  i have 10 disk in raid DP and 5 volumes

On the 2 nd controller  i have 10 disk in raid DP and 5 volumes

There is just one agregat -> aggr0

I have connected a  Ds14 to each controllers.

And i have  create one aggr1 with 7 disk in raid Dp to the first controller and 7 disk in raid Dp for the second.

My question is  : can i perform a disk to disk back from the disk fas to the Ds14 and if i have a problem can i restore volume from the shelf to the disk fas ?

Can someone help me ?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smoot

You may want to look into getting SnapManager for Virtual Infrastructures (SMVI). It has workflows to do exactly the sorts of things you're talking about.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

blacktrack

nobody can help ?

adaikkap

Are you trying to do SnapMirror or SnapVault.

BTW what do you mean by DS14 ? Mirror or Vaulting between Volume within same controller or across controller is supported.

Regards

adai

smoot

The DS14 is in addition to the 10-disk RAID-DP aggregate?

Regardless, yes you can use SnapVault or SnapMirror for disk-to-disk protection of your data assuming there is enough free space.

blacktrack

Hi,

Thanks for the information :

I did a snap miror of the volume of the first aggr0 to  a second backup volume on aggr1 ( on the sata shelf).

I created a new datastore on vsphere and now i can brow all my datastore.

But there is a problem : now if i want to delete all the vm ont the first datastore can i have a recovery from the BK datastore ?

Is there a way to do it ? i ve tried to copy/paste folder on the primary datastore without any result...

Maybe i am wrong but if i want to paste my volume frome the Backup to the primary did i have to configure a new snapmirror ?

thanks a lot.

smoot

You may want to look into getting SnapManager for Virtual Infrastructures (SMVI). It has workflows to do exactly the sorts of things you're talking about.

Public