ONTAP Discussions

ETC$ and C$ empty

tchuise92

hii excuse me i just started data ontap 7-mode and i have a problem when i try to access in my c$ and my etc$ from my domain controller it is empty i first thought that all the folders were hidden but i check the capacity of the folder and it is marked 0 byte thank you in advance for your help

11 REPLIES 11

JGPSHNTAP

You're vol0 security is probably unix

type 

qtree status vol0

tchuise92

i just checked and it is ntfs

JGPSHNTAP

Then you have permissions.. What's the share level permissions and then you need to check NTFS rights

tchuise92

about the permission i have the full control(rwx) on the share o both C$ et etc$

rwelshman

Can you check the CIFS shares on the filer to see where c$ and etc$ are pointing?

tchuise92

i don t know where they are pointing but to reach the C$ its / and the etc it is/etc like i the image below

rwelshman

Ok, it should be pointing to vol0, can you do a "vol status vol0" "df -g vol0" "qtree status vol0"?

tchuise92

i dont understand when you say it should be pointing to vol0 how can i make it point to vol0?? i did the 3 commands you asked me to do what is it for??really thank you for your understanding 

rwelshman

You might want to increase the size of vol0, this is where the Data OnTap operating system files are kept. The C$ and etc$ shares will open to directories on this volume.

The used space looks really low, what version of Data OnTap are you running?

tchuise92

hi i increased the space available in the vol0 but it is still an empty folder i am using data ontap 8.2.3 7-mode the simulator 

tchuise92

hi i increased the Vol0 space an it is still an empty folder  i am using data ontap 8.2.3 7-mode simulator 

Public