ONTAP Discussions

Error: Qtree is not the source of the destination.

WEATHERFORD

Hi,

- I have several remote office need to be backup to Netapp filer using the OSSV, due to slow connectivity we decided to use LREP to transfer the data to a USB HDD.

below is the command i use:-

- lrep_reader.exe -p snapvault_start -f APSGNA -q /vol/site1/brkbews -o D:\brkbews@0 -l reader.log brkbews:d:\

- After the LREP is done we bring the USB HDD back to main office and connect it to a Windows server (NAOM) and use "LREP_WRITER Y:\brkbews\brkbews" to read the data from the USB disk.

- Then I perform the command below to create a new volume call "Site1" start the snapvault relationship

- Create new volume:-  "vol create site1 SATAaggr 500g"

Start the transfer to Netapp:-  "Snapvault start -S NAOM:y:\brkbews APSGNA:/vol/site1/brkbews"

- After the base has been migrated then i use command "snapvault modify -S brkbews:d:\ APSGNA:/vol/site1/brkbews" to change the source path to our remote office

But I getting this error "Qtree is not the source for the destination"

Is there anyway i can change the Source for the Qtree and the command i use is wrong? Appreciate your help... Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

stsadmin

Sounds like the Snavault relationship may have been removed on the source. What is the output from the command "SnapVault status" on the source machine?

WEATHERFORD

Thanks for reply. Problem solve after we redo the LREP process.

Public