ONTAP Discussions

Event log - snapshot events?

HyperDiskhead

Hi guys,

I can't find snapshot events in the EMS system since working with CDOT from old 7-mode days, 7-mode used to dump out to CLI snapshot events and to /etc/messages but using the "event log show" there is nothing present when I know events did occur as snapshots exist/its the VSC backup window timeframe I'm looking at - does anybody know how I can get better data in CDOT? I've tried via the SPI log browser also and messages contains no useful events anymore, snapmirrorlog just shows load sharing mirror updates and doesn't show the vaults that update after local backup taken etc.. can't find anything on destination either, anybody help?

I find this system really clunky compared to troubleshooting in the past, there seems to be messages contained at the /etc/log level and also at /etc/log/mlog with the former not updated since last month and the latter most recent events, there are logs for both nodes and with an SVM running serving data over both I seem to have to look in two places - anybody have any tips or articles to share? Is there a way to set events to dump to CLI like they did in 7-mode it made troubleshooting a lot easier, I'm having trouble finding anything these days

Much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

hariprak

Hi,

For Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 EMS Configuration Express Guide refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP12366522

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public