ONTAP Discussions

FAS2240 and Clustered Mode Advanced Partitioning

drhermi

Hi,

I want to upgrade my FAS2240 to Cluser Mode.

Please tell me if there is posibillity to use Advanced Partitioning Mode on this FAS ? 

Konrad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Yes, you can (hwu.netapp.com).

just heads up - it's not an upgrade- its require to reinstall. and you will need cluster mode licenses.

good luck

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GidonMarcus

Yes, you can (hwu.netapp.com).

just heads up - it's not an upgrade- its require to reinstall. and you will need cluster mode licenses.

good luck

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

drhermi

Hi,

Yes, I know that I need reinstall whole Ontapp. but tell me if the Advanced Partitioning (AP) is available immediately after install cluster mode or I need do something during Install to initialize this excellent thing ? 

I know that Advanced partitionig isn't available on FAS80XX. 

The system during installation detect hardware version and use AP or not ?

Thanks

Konrad

Sid

Hi, 

Boot into maintenance mode from the boot menu and unassign all drives from each node

Then Reboot each node, and then choose option 4 – wipeconfig.

Once the wipe is finished, the system will use ADP on the internal drives and be ready to setup.

Regards

Sid
NetApp Instructor, IT Learning Solutions http://sg.itls.asia/netapp
(P.S. I appreciate 'kudos' on any helpful posts.)

georgevj

Adding a note here.

The system must be running Data ONTAP 8.3 or later.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.
Public