ONTAP Discussions

FAS3240 and amber LEDs on c0a and c0b

craigfeustel

Hello community,

I have a FAS3240 filer running in 7-mode with OnTap release 8.0.2P4. I noticed amber leds on the c0a and the c0b interfaces on both heads of my filer. These two heads are linked internally within the filer so these connections should not be used. This does display a warning LED in the front of the filer. After an hour on the phone with tech support, there is a bug listed for this. The burt number is: 485958. As of right now there is not an eta for the fix. I hope this helps someone out troubleshooting their filer's health.

https://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=485958

4 REPLIES 4

WillFulmer

Same issue here.

FAS3240 running 8.1RC3.

Amber lights occur on c0a and c0b

cesceptm

Count me in too!! FAS3270 HA, single enclosure running 8.0.2P6. Funny thing is, doing a ifconfig on both c0a and c02, one of the links reports down an the other reports up.

I have a suggestion from support which is to failover and cycle the power on each head. Have you been here?

craigfeustel

I tried that as a part of our pre-production testing. It failed over successfully back and forth but one of the links still shows down.

aborzenkov

doing a ifconfig on both c0a and c02, one of the links reports down an the other reports up.

That's correct. For single chassis models only c0a is used over internal backplane interconnect and c0b is not used.

Public