ONTAP Discussions

FAS9000 join current cluster with error "Error: Failed to create Default Broadcast domain...."

River

Hi All :

I'm install 4 node FAS9000 and want to join current cluster but got error messages "Error: Failed to create Default Broadcast domain. Invalid target port list. All failover group ports must belong to the same broadcast domain." .

I had already replace Cluster Switch to CN3132 , and I had 8 node cluster originally( 2xFAS8080 , 2x FAS6290 , 4xFAS6280 ) that all CI connected with min. requirement as 2 ports and upgrade to Ontap9.1GA.

I can not find too much resource about the error message when I join FAS9000 into current cluster.

And I also failed to  un-join FAS9000 at the cluster ><".

Is there anyone have any idea about this situation?

Of cource I had case to NetApp and work with TSE now, I just like to find every resource in multi-possibles ways.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

In this instance, I suggest working with the TSE - this will require interactive troubleshooting and webex to ascertain current state and rectify to standard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

In this instance, I suggest working with the TSE - this will require interactive troubleshooting and webex to ascertain current state and rectify to standard.

River

Hi all :

Yes , as fighting with back-end support for a few days.

It seems that I got dirty database.

And back-end support had fix the database, and FAS9000 had already join the cluster.

Public