ONTAP Discussions

How to Move from 7-Mode to Clustered Data Out of the box

HDD

Hi Everyone,

I have a FAS2554 and it has been configured to run 7-Mode. From my reading it appears that Clustered Data is the future. I have no data of any sort in the system.

So, I was wondering if it is possible to switch from 7-Mode to Clustered Data? If so, what are the steps I need to do? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanHatfield

You'll need to reapply your feature keys after switching modes, but the keys are the same.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SeanHatfield

Sure, there is a procedure for converting the system.  You'll need your reseller to get you a "Cluster Base" license key ($0, just assigns a serial to the cluster), then follow the procedures in kb 1015457 and 1015004.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

HDD

Hi SeanHatfield,

Thank you for responding. Will I lose any of the base features that comes with 7-Mode when I move to Clustered Data? 

-Hoa

SeanHatfield

You'll need to reapply your feature keys after switching modes, but the keys are the same.

HDD

Thank you.

Public