ONTAP Discussions

How to add a scanserver to the netapp

Offrock85

Hi everybody,

i'm a beginner with net app, i need to connect net app with mcafee virusscan for storage. Despite the documentation i couldn't find the information. Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Naveenpusuluru

Please do the below configuration on Netapp side.

You have to install that connector and add cifs vserver lifs ip's to that connector.Need to do some configuration on NetApp side also.

>vserver vscan enable -vserver svm-test-cifs

>vserver vscan scanner-pool create -vserver svm-test-cifs -scanner-pool svm-test-cifs -servers 192.168.0.1 -privileged-users domain\adminname

If you want to add additional server, please use below command

>vserver vscan scanner-pool servers add -vserver svm-test-cifs -scanner-pool svm-test-cifs -servers 192.168.0.2

You can create scan policies using below command if you want, by these policies you can exclude or include file extensions and so many features.

>vserver vscan on-access-policy create -vserver svm-test-cifs -policy-name svm-test-cifs -protocol CIFS -filters scan-mandatory -max-file-size 2GB -file-ext-to-include "*" -scan-files-with-no-ext true

Below command will display the AV servers connected to the NetApp storage frame.

>vserver vscan connection-status show

It will show you the vscan status on all svm's

>vserver vscan show

Naveenkumar Pusuluru

Storage Lead | C3i Healthcare connections

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hariprak

Hi,

You can find the steps for setting up McAfee scan detection properties for systems in below link,
https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1368826/html/GUID-C1F8A8D4-BD9C-41D8-81CB-4CC752D22305.html

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Offrock85

Hi!

Thanks a lot! Yes i read this page but is there something to do on the netapp side to communicate with the mcafee virusscan for storage? For example when you type "vscan" you see the server list which are connected to the netapp. Am I wrong?

Thanks a lot for helping

Offrock85

Hi,

Do I need to download a data ontap software to connect the netapp to virus scanner? Do i need to add a command line in NETAPP to add a virus scanner? I don't find the solution.

Thanks for helping

Naveenpusuluru

Hi @Offrock85

You need to download netapp antivirus plugin and install it on scan server.

After installing netapp plugin... just reboot thee server and right click on NetApp antivirus plugin from the task bar and select option called av console.

There in one of the tab you can able to enter ip address of the interface which are connected to AV server from NetApp. After this process you can  able to see the antivirus servers on NetApp side.

Naveenpusuluru

Please do the below configuration on Netapp side.

You have to install that connector and add cifs vserver lifs ip's to that connector.Need to do some configuration on NetApp side also.

>vserver vscan enable -vserver svm-test-cifs

>vserver vscan scanner-pool create -vserver svm-test-cifs -scanner-pool svm-test-cifs -servers 192.168.0.1 -privileged-users domain\adminname

If you want to add additional server, please use below command

>vserver vscan scanner-pool servers add -vserver svm-test-cifs -scanner-pool svm-test-cifs -servers 192.168.0.2

You can create scan policies using below command if you want, by these policies you can exclude or include file extensions and so many features.

>vserver vscan on-access-policy create -vserver svm-test-cifs -policy-name svm-test-cifs -protocol CIFS -filters scan-mandatory -max-file-size 2GB -file-ext-to-include "*" -scan-files-with-no-ext true

Below command will display the AV servers connected to the NetApp storage frame.

>vserver vscan connection-status show

It will show you the vscan status on all svm's

>vserver vscan show

Naveenkumar Pusuluru

Storage Lead | C3i Healthcare connections

Public