ONTAP Discussions

How to reconfigure after replacing drives

JWEIDENHAMMER

I'm currently having an issue with my company's FAS250. They wanted me to upgrade the storage from seagate chetah drives (120gb) to new hitachi iSCSI (450gb) drives. I've been researching to death the error messages I get after doing a 4a and trying to reconfigure and initalize the disks. Is there anything anyone can referance me to the below errors?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

SCSI.CMD.TRANSPORT ERROR:ERROR Disk device 0b.all transport error during execution of command

DISK FAIL MSG:ERROR

RAID CONFIG. FILESYSTEM.DISK.FAILED.ERROR

RAID.VOL.FAILED:CRITICAL

RAID.ASSIM.DISK.NOLABELS.ERROR

COREDUMP.SPARE.NONE:INFO

RAID.ASSIM.TREE.NOROOTVOL:ERROR

ROOT VOLUME IS FAILED

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I also get while in maintenance mode and trying to upgrade_ownership

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The upgrade ownership option requires a compact flash booted system with DS-14 shelves and up to date disk firmware

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Not to be complete, while labeling I get.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Neither label appeared to be valid, the labels may be corrupt.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Anybody? Help?!?! Please?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivisinfo

The answer to your problem is simple:

*** You cannot use non-NetApp disks in netapp systems. ***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Public