ONTAP Discussions

Is Cluster supported in ontap 8.0 7-mode simulators?

saravanan_hp

Hi all,

This is a question related to Cluster support on Ontap 8.0 (7-mode)  simulators..  I am aware of configuring the clusters by using (  8.0_cluster_Vsim6410 - mode );

But my question is, Is it possible to configure a  cluster with two ontap 8.0 (7-mode) clusters.? If so, please pass me any guides which solves the problem.

I could not see "cluster" command option in 8.0 7-mode simulator.. So, In any  other way/methods can we configure the cluster by using two 8.0 7-mode  simulators..?

I observed "cf" command in simulators.. If any of you have already tried cluster setup on 7-mode, please share your experiences..

Thanks

Saravanan

2 REPLIES 2

scottgelb

The 8.0 7-mode sims are standalone and do not cluster each other.  The 8.0 c-mode sims also do not run sfo pairs but you can start two separate instances and cluster them using the c-mode cluster but not the sfo pair cluster (similar to 7-mode cfo).  No sfo/cfo support in 8.0 either mode unfortunately.

arthursc0

Is this still the case with OnTap 8.01 Sim that you cannot setup a head cluster.(non metro)

Public