ONTAP Discussions

Is RPC available on NetApp 8.2 C Mode

SURESHDULANGE

Hi,

I am trying to use my legacy code for NetApp 8.2 C Mode.

In old code , we set the authrntication style using  

na_server_style(s, NA_STYLE_RPC);

On execution, it returns the error that "The RPC server is unavailable."

How to enable RPC on c mode vserver ?

8 REPLIES 8

aashray

Hi,

RPC is not supported by NMSDK/ONTAP for Clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.

SURESHDULANGE

Is there any way to get the ONTAP version on the NetApp, without using username and password ?

aashray

Yes, You can use Certificate based authentication to get the version of the system from the vserver if you could install the client certificate in ONTAP prior to this.

A rough set of steps is here : https://communities.netapp.com/community/interfaces_and_tools/developer/blog/2013/07/30/using-sdk-with-certificate-based-authentication-cba

SURESHDULANGE

In my scenario,

User will add filer in my application.

My application is suppossed to find out the type of filer. (it could be NetApp, Cellera or windows).

As my application will be discovering it, i cannot use Certificate way. Is there another way to discover NetApp vserver version information.

aashray

I am not sure but you could look into SNMP. I do not know much about it. But i don't think NMSDK offers a way to do it without some form of authentication like password, certificate,etc.

rle
NetApp Alumni

You can use SNMP. The MIB entry sysDescr, .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0, returns the Data ONTAP version, and sysObjectID, .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0, returns netappCluster. You can download a MIB browser to check it out, or use snmpget in Linux.

Regards,

- Rick -

SURESHDULANGE

I am connecting to vserver. SNMP is not supported for Vserver.

ANSHUL_JAISWAL

@aashray  : A rough set of steps is here : https://communities.netapp.com/community/interfaces_and_tools/developer/blog/2013/07/30/using-sdk-wi...

The link is not accessible, could you please let us know the steps involved for connection authentication using certificates.

Public