- I have NetApp 2552 with 17 1TB disks running OnTap 8.2.3P3 7 Mode (Dual Controller)
- I have a Dell Server with dual ported HBA card
- I have connected each port of Dell Server HBA card with one controller each.
- I want to have a LUN (maximum possible size) which can be included in the Volume Group in Dell Server running RHEL 7.
- The Disk available will be used for storing mail boxes with Cyrus-IMAP.
- Currently I do not have a SAN switch.
Currently, Controller-1 has been configured with one agreegate of 8 disks and controller-2 has been configured with 7 disks (RAID-DP). 2 Disks are Hot Spare
I want to have HA configured with resources which I have.
What are the best options taking into account
- Failure of one of the controllers
- Failure of one of the HBA card ports.
Thanks in advance.