ONTAP Discussions

LUN RENAME

NAYABRASOOL

Hi all,

How to rename a LUN , will the LUN MOVE command will do for this wat are all the prerequisites i need to have do i need to have same lun size to be created on the same volume .

Ex:- say i have a old LUN size of 700GB on top of 750GB volume(OLDVOL) with name LUNOLD now i need  to change it to LUNNEW and volume name  NEWVOL.

FAS02> lun move /vol/oldvol/lunold  /vol/oldvol/lunnew ------> will this command do and please tell me do i need to have additional space on the volume to create the new lun on it i mean my volume is 750GB and i have lun of 700GB on top of it , now to rename the old one do i need to create a new lun on this volume with the same space

please advise how i can do this.

Thanks

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mladen_zecevic

Hi,

You can rename a LUN with "lun move". There is no need to create an empty LUN and renaming does not require any additional space.

The volume can be renamed with vol rename.

If you use snapdrive, you should refresh/rescan disks after renaming LUNs/Volumes.

BR,

Mladen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mladen_zecevic

Hi,

You can rename a LUN with "lun move". There is no need to create an empty LUN and renaming does not require any additional space.

The volume can be renamed with vol rename.

If you use snapdrive, you should refresh/rescan disks after renaming LUNs/Volumes.

BR,

Mladen

Public