ONTAP Discussions

Local users and groups on Data ONTAP 8.1 C_Mode.

SMEGHANI2009

I am not sure that this is the right place to ask but

I have Data ONTAP 8.1 C-Mode and ONTAP 8.2 C-Mode. My question is How can i see local users and groups on ONTAP 8.1? I can see local users and groups (like Administrators, Backup Operators...) on 8.2 through putty and Computer Management Tool on Windows box but I am not seeing any groups on 8.1.

Thanks for suggestions.

Sanjay Meghani

5 REPLIES 5

AGUMADAVALLI

use system manager to see the local users associated with the cluster, an easy approach.

thank you

AK G

RAVI_PALADUGU

In system manager, the roles and users are grouped separately under cluster and vserver. If you use cli, you will see roles and users together with the same commands.

CLUSTER-SCOPED USERS AND ROLES

VSERVER USERS AND ROLES

SMEGHANI2009

Thanks for the reply but I know that I can see those groups using system manager but i am asking through windows computer management(looking for Builtin\Administrators, Builtin\Poweruser, Builtin\BackUpOperators). Those local groups exist on 8.2.

Below from the Data ONTAP 8.2 server:

From ONTAP 8.1:

Thanks,

Sanjay Meghani

bloehlein

Hi Sanjay,

clustered Data ONTAP 8.1 doesn't offer local users and groups. The only thing you can configure there are unix users and groups, but those won't show up in the mmc.

Best regards,

Bernd

SMEGHANI2009

Thanks! But its very odd that I can see windows built-in groups on 8.2 but not on 8.1.

Public