ONTAP Discussions

Monitor traffic on Cluster Interconnect.

p_w

Is there a way to monitor the amount of data traffic accross heartbeat interconnect of an Active/Active or Metrocluster.

I ask this because non-optimal-path lun traffic causes timeoutfailures in interconnect.

kind regards

peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mh_sh_team

Hey,  You can use 'lun stats -o' to see some info regarding your luns where the two las colums report amounts of data being sent through the interconnect connection. You can zero these counters by typing 'lun sats -z' and then monitor which luns send their IOPS through nonoptimal paths. I know this thing is true for active/active configuration, don't know if it's the same method for metrocluster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mh_sh_team

Hey,  You can use 'lun stats -o' to see some info regarding your luns where the two las colums report amounts of data being sent through the interconnect connection. You can zero these counters by typing 'lun sats -z' and then monitor which luns send their IOPS through nonoptimal paths. I know this thing is true for active/active configuration, don't know if it's the same method for metrocluster.

p_w

Great!!!! thanks.

Public