ONTAP Discussions

MultiStore Storage Provisioning - Varying Network Segment Sensitivity

CSYLNG000

I'm wondering if there are any other NetApp MultiStore users out there that are using MultiStore's multi-tenancy features to provision storage (vFilers) across network segments that have different use-cases or sensitivity levels.  For instance, does anyone provision storage to both their DMZ network segment, and their LAN network segment?  Or, do you have a network segment that is used for more sensitive data, and another that's not - and provision storage to both from one MultiStore instance?

Preferably looking for examples in the defense community, gov or contractors, to use as an example/artifact as this use case is evaluated by my companies internal security organization.

Thanks,

Casey

2 REPLIES 2

scottgelb

We have customers doing this but in many cases references won't be available from NetApp for those secure customers.  We often see a DMZ vFiler using separate network ports on separate IPspaces on separate VLANs.  The Matasano security paper and the latest ICSA audit are useful to show the secure multi-tenancy of MultiStore.

CSYLNG000

Thanks Scott, I may have to reach out to the IT or security functions of our defense customers directly to find something. 

-Casey

Public