ONTAP Discussions

NetApp FAS270C storage reboot

sriramrane

Does anyone suggest me how to shutdown the NetApp FAS270C and start it again. How does it work if both the storage boxes shutdown, and it is a clustered storage.

Awaiting for reply for you guys.

Regards,

Shreeram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danielpr

I am assuming that you do not want takeover to happen for that you have to use the "halt -f" command.You need to halt both the storage systems using "halt -f" cli , then bring back your storage system one by one.You need not to re-enable the cluster configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

danielpr

Shreeram,

You can refer to man page for halt command (issue man na_halt from the console), There is a note section for the cluster pair halt operation.Basically the Halt command will make your filer halted and the stroage system will stay in CFE mode, If you want to bring it back you can issue "bye" command from the CFE> mode and it will boot your primary image and the storage system.

sriramrane

Thanks for your reply. But do I need to re-enable the cluster.

Scenario: we are taking both the filers shut down for maintenance and we want it to start back once the maintenance work is complete. But my worry is does cluster remains same even though both the nodes in the cluster taken off and once I start the first node and then the second how the appliance will detect the cluster.

Regards,

Shreeram

danielpr

I am assuming that you do not want takeover to happen for that you have to use the "halt -f" command.You need to halt both the storage systems using "halt -f" cli , then bring back your storage system one by one.You need not to re-enable the cluster configuration.

sriramrane

thanks Daniel for your answer

Public