ONTAP Discussions

NetApp ONTAP 7 mode Filer v8.2 vFiler LUN data

agrawaltrapti

Hi,

I have NetApp ONTAP 7 mode simulator v8.2.

Implemented vFiler / multistore. Also created LUNs on vFiler.

Is anyone aware of which API can be used to get data about LUN count on vFilers? "lun-list-info" API does not give me this count.

There is another API called "vfiler-list-info", will that give me the LUN count on vFiler Unit?

3 REPLIES 3

georgevj

use "lun-list-info" and proces the output in a loop to get all the lun path or serial numbers into an array. You can then count this array to get the number.

Please mention which scripting language you are using, so that someone may be able to help with a sample code.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

agrawaltrapti

Thanks for your reply.

We are using "lun-list-info" to display the count. But this API does not get any data regarding for the LUNs which are created on vFiler. It just gets you the LUNs data which are directly created on NetApp Filer

georgevj

did you try to set the vfiler context before invoking "lun-list-info" API ?

NaServer::set_vfiler($vfilername)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.
Public