ONTAP Discussions

No longer able to change /etc/exports from Window etc$

netappmagic

Hi, All the sudden, I can not make any changes to /etc/exports any more from mapped Window etc$.

I tried to use notepad, Wordpad, and Words. After I make changes, and save it, then I do "rdfile /etc/exports" on the filer, it still shows me the old one.

What did I wrong? I use to work. Also, what is /etc/exports.BAK? I remove it, still the same.

I know I could do wrfile /etc/exports, but sometime I need to edit it.

I have spent quite sometime, but could not figure it out.

6 REPLIES 6

ASHWANI8HIGHS

Hi ,

Is your problem has been resolved ?

netappmagic

No, the problem is still here.

Do you know of any solutions?

ASHWANI8HIGHS

Hi  ,

If your windows login account has modify permission in acl over the exports file .

Please check .

netappmagic

Hi, ASHWANI8HIGHS,

I used two different login ID, say A and B, both of them has Administrator priviledge on the filer, so, what you indicated seems correct.

However, when I log into the share from Window this moring, as either A or B, it won't even allow me to open it, there is "X" on the file (also on quite some other files as well). It seems after I logged out yesterday, and back in again, the permission got refreshed.

How could I clear up this mess? Are there any way on the filer side to allow me reset the permission?

ASHWANI8HIGHS

Hi ,

I have also ecountered these type of permission problem when acl list for particular folders got some garbage values and actual were deleted .So we configured the acl list manually .Didnt figure out the reason till now ,but need to  navigate through windows side .

netappmagic

The issue was on my laptop side, somehow the network mapping drive got cac-cache FS, I have to clean up cache on my laptop.

Public