ONTAP Discussions

OSSV - is it possible to prestage data?

DMITRY_UK

We are considering to replace traditional tape-based backups of Windows physical servers for remote branches with OSSV.

Data size is from hundreds of gigs to 1-2TB, so it is not quite practical to do initial transfer over the WAN, just wonder if data can be pre-staged somehow on the secondary storage (i.e. restored from tapes to a filer).

Also, it there any tool to manage and monitor backups apart from command-lines on primary / secondary systems?

Thank!

D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

It is a no charge item now but still need a a key. If it doesn't show up under your my licenses then ask your account team and they should be able to get the key posted.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

scottgelb

Look on the tools sites or search here for "lrep" for the logical replication tool which can baseline an OSSV system to any disk. Usually USB then use that at the target to seed the vault.

Protection Manager can be used to manage the OSSV relationships from a GUI.

DMITRY_UK

Thank you Scott,

I can see that "Customers are encouraged to upgrade to OnCommand Core Package for new   features." on the Protection Manager download page.

Downloaded onCommand , it asking now for the Data Fabric Management license while installing. We have 2040 here with no fabric whatsoever, is OnCommand Core free product at all?

Regards,

D.

scottgelb

It is a no charge item now but still need a a key. If it doesn't show up under your my licenses then ask your account team and they should be able to get the key posted.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DMITRY_UK

Thanks Scott for following up!

Public