ONTAP Discussions

OnCommand System Manager - Remove AD Group Error:13115

OLIVER_CLAPTON

Hello,

I want to remove an Active Directory Group fom the builtIn\Administrators group on our cifs vserver. After opening the group, selecting the appropiate AD-Group, choosing remove and modify the following error occurs.

Data ONTAP API Failed :Invalid value specified for member-name" element within cifs-local-group-members-remove-members".""abc.domain\AD-Group Admins"".(Error:13115)

I assume it may be because of the space in the name?

Any ideas how to solve the problem.

I bet there is a suitable command line option.

Best Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

hariprak

Hi,

You are right!

OnCommand System Manager displays an error when domain users with blank spaces are added to a domain group.

Use the CLI to create a domain user with blank spaces and add them to a domain group.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

hariprak

CLI example to add and remove groups with spaces.

Cluster::> vserver cifs users-and-groups local-group add-members -vserver main -group-name BUILTIN\Administrators -member-names "gene\Testgroup Space"

Cluster::> vserver cifs users-and-groups local-group remove-members -vserver main -group-name BUILTIN\Administrators -member-names "gene\Testgroup Space"

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public