ONTAP Discussions

Online Backup Provider Using NetApp Equipment?

mcgue

I am looking to backup my home computers to an online backup company.  Anyone know of a company using NetApp equipment in the background for storage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

clackamas

Net2vault uses all NetApp (Snapvault and snapmirror )for online backup, but they only provide the service for NetApp customers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

clackamas

Net2vault uses all NetApp (Snapvault and snapmirror )for online backup, but they only provide the service for NetApp customers.

mcgue

Thanks for the response.  I checked out their web site - looks very solid. 

radek_kubka

Technically speaking, they offer OSSV option for backing up open systems (non-NetApp storage in other words), but it doesn't look like a fit for a personal backup (OSSV agent requires server-type OS)

Regards,

Radek

scottgelb

I think Iron Mountain provides a NetApp service...and a home service too but don't know if that home service also uses NetApp... There were some Iron Mountain folks on the community site that might be able to follow up the post here.

radek_kubka

I use Carbonite for home stuff - they've been famous for using cheap s*** as a platform , but so far for me the service works well.

mcgue

I just thought I would circle back around on this.  It turns out we have a list now:

http://www.netapp.com/us/partners/become-a-partner/service-providers/service-providers-americas.html

Public