ONTAP Discussions

Prevent NetApp OVM plugin from having access to all LUNs on the Filer

MONITOR_LINUX

Is there a way to prevent OVM from seeing every volume on the filer?  After I installed the NetApp OVM plugin it gave full access to every LUN on the filer.

5 REPLIES 5

nkarthik

Hello,

Is it for 7mode or Clustered Data Ontap?

Regards,

Karthikeyan.N

MONITOR_LINUX

7-mode

NETAPPTEA

nkarthik,  we are having the same issue.  I do not want to take over from "monitor_Linux" post however, But i want to add to it.

Can anyone offer a solution here?   We have a customer that is not able to setup vFilers on their FAS8020 (7-mode)  HA pair  (8.2.1)  They have Fibre Channel LUN’s only for (3) customer’s that they want to keep hidden from each other.  We were able to accomplish this by Zoning the HBA's from the Initiators in differnet zones on the SAN Brocade Switch. 

– Here it the problem—

When they use the NetApp OVM Plug-in to administer their respective LUN's, -- they also can see all the LUN's for other customers, even thought they are in different Zones on the fibre SAN switch

Is there a way to stop this?  We only want the user to see the LUN’s that are zoned to them when they use the NetApp OVM Plug-in

nkarthik

Hi,

it's not available with the current version. we don't have a provision to select specific volume during registration. we collect all the volume and their physical disks during registration based on the storage credential, but we will raise to oracle as a future request to select specific volume and their luns during storage registration.

Regards.
Karthikeyan.N

NETAPPTEA

Thank you again nkarthik.  We  really appreciate the support from you and your team

Tony Lyons  NCIE NCDA VCP4

Implementation Engineer

Applied Computer Solutions

13400 Sabre Springs Parkway, #255

San Diego, CA  92128

858-668-2309 Office

619-453-1712 Direct

858-486-0390 Fax

tony.lyons@acsacs.com

www.acsacs.com

cid:image001.png@01CF9146.14E628C0

Public