ONTAP Discussions

Prevent Snapmirror from Using e0M interface

msandona

Can someone remind of the command to prevent snapmirror from using an interface, specifically e0M?

thank you.

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

options interface.blocked.snapmirror e0M      you can also block nfs, cifs, iscsi on a per interface basis using these... check "options interface.blocked" to see all the ways to block a protocol per interface.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

For source it can may be possibly controlled using options snapmirror.access, although your target should really not try to connect to e0M.

For target I do not think it is possible at all. It just tries to connect to source; which (outgoing) interface is used is determined by routing tables. If your source is on a network that happens to be reachable via e0M, there is nothing filer can do about it.

scottgelb

options interface.blocked.snapmirror e0M      you can also block nfs, cifs, iscsi on a per interface basis using these... check "options interface.blocked" to see all the ways to block a protocol per interface.

msandona

Thanks Scott.  that's what i was looking for.

Matt

jeredarassier

Are you using DPM or manual snapmirror?

The way i have done it is to create a hosts file entry on the snapmirror destination that has the IP address of the interface on the source filer that you wish to use.

Note if you are doing manual snapmirror it uses the short name (example: sourcefiler) and if you are using DPM it uses the FQDN (sourcefiler.domain.com) so I would create both entries.

Note as the destination filer is the one that controls replication this is the only place you have to make that entry.

This is the simplest way i have been able to do it I have seen some recomendations of creating an alias in the snapmirror.conf file or if using DPM setting the NDMP preffered interface but I have not personally tried either method.

Public