ONTAP Discussions

Protection Manager 3.7.1 and OSSV 2.5

richard5

Hi Everybody!

In a Protection Manager 3.7.1 and OSSV 2.5 relationship, I continualy get the following non-conformance errors:

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to create relationship : source:client:T:\ destination: homestar:/dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392
=== ACTION ===
Create Relationship : source:client:T:\ destination: homestar:/dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392
=== REASON ===
- client:T:/:Error creating relationship to homestar:/dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392.

But if I check the volumes and qtrees:

> qtree status

dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392      dfpm_qtree_7121_7122      ntfs       disabled snapvaulted

The vols/qtrees exist and the backups seem to work on the schedule/policy assigned.

Atttempting to "Conform Now" only results in

Error 9

Preview Details

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to delete relationship                  <------------------------ What is it trying to do??
=== ACTION ===
Delete relationship
=== REASON ===
-

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to create relationship : source:client:G:\ destination: homestar:/dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392
=== ACTION ===
Create Relationship : source:client:G:\ destination: homestar:/dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392
=== REASON ===
- client:G:/:Error creating relationship to homestar:/dfpm_OSSV_Test___Client_SV_1234652380_2392.

Backups seem to be working but this error condition will not please the customer!

Thanks for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

richard5

After having first coffee and re-reading errors, here is more info:

The primary OSSV client has 3 local drives, C:, G:, L: but the Non Conformance erorrs reference G:, and J: T: and others that don't exist on the client, aren't in the Data Set and aren't seen in the Hosts OSSV display. The Hosts OSSV display shows G: is Protected but there isn't a G: relationship when viewed on the CLI with "snapvault status"

rshiva

Hi,

Can you please verify the following:

-> Size of C:\ G:\ and L:\ drives

-> What is the output of "dfm options list pmOSSVDirSecondaryVolSizeMb" in the command prompt of the DFM server?

-> Do you get the same result when try to create a new dataset of the OSSV client?

Thanks and regards

Shiva Raja

richard5

-> Size of C:\ G:\ and L:\ drives

C: 10 GB

G: 400 MB

L: 100 GB

-> What is the output of "dfm options list pmOSSVDirSecondaryVolSizeMb" in the command prompt of the DFM server?

>dfm options list pmOSSVDirSecondaryVolSizeMb
Error: There is no pmOSSVDirSecondaryVolSizeMb option.

-> Do you get the same result when try to create a new dataset of the OSSV client?

The errors were showing that in addition to trying to backup non-existent drives (T:, J:) drive G: was not working either.

Drive C:, L: and SystemState did have a relationship. I did determine that G: and L: are ISCSI drives. The policy works fine with just

C: and SystemState as the primary components. I am curious as to why L: worked and G: did not.

richard5
Can you point me to the reporting for Protection Manager?
The OM/DFM reports seem to only provide protection status (good or bad).
How do I find out how much data was backed up, using OSSV?
Does it give time to complete, errors and so on?

rshiva

Hi,

You can find them at "system -> Jobs". This gives you information about of all jobs initiated by Protection Manager (such as backups, restores, failover, mirroring)

Thanks and regards

Shiva Raja

richard5

Is there a CLI report or ODBC schema from DFM that provides the Protection Manager (System -> Jobs) info?

Thanks!

rshiva

Hi,

You can try the following commands

To list all jobs

dfpm job list [ -F { text | html | perl | paragraph } | -x ] [ -t <job-type>] [ -d <data-set-name-or-id> | <vfiler-name-or-id> ] [ -v <view> ] [ <job-id> ]

To list the details of a job

dfpm job detail [ -V <cmd-version> ][ -F { perl | paragraph } | -x ] <job-id>

As far as ODBC is concerned, there is no view for protection manager jobs.

Thanks and regards
Shiva Raja

richard5

This is exactly what I need!   It turns out I didn't RTFM and never knew about the dfpm CLI commands.

Public