ONTAP Discussions

Protection Policy to Snapmirror Primary to Secondary to Terciary

chadmaupin

Hello,

Is it possible to setup a protection Manager job that can SnapMirror data from one controller to another controller and then to a third controller?  I know you can do a snapmirror from primary to seconary and then do a snapvault backup from secondary to terciary but I am wanting that snapvault backup to just be a snapmirror for additional DR.

The basic setup we have is a controller in Europe which does a snapmirror of its data to a controller here in US.  I then want to mirror the data on the US controller to another controller here in he US.  I know there is also a snapmirror job that mirrors to two destinations but because of the physical location of the controllers, we do not have the bandwidth to mirror all the data multiple times from overseas.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kjag

Hi,

I hope using the protection policy “Chain of two mirrors” should satisfy your requirement.

# dfpm policy list "Chain of two mirrors"

Id   Name                                                    Policy Type     Description

---- ------------------------------------------------------- --------------- ----------------------------

73 Chain of two mirrors                                    Data Protection Local backups on primary, then mirror primary to secondary, then mirror secondary to tertiary

[root@mei-rhel5u6x32-179-96 ~]#

-KJag

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Public