ONTAP Discussions

QUESTION - Performance Advisor is not displaying network stats on Interface Group members

emanuel

Hello all

I am using OM/PM/PA (4.0.1D5) and am monitoring a test cluster ( FAS 6080 on 8.0.1P2 7 mode ) for network throughput testing.

Performance Advisor and the web OM GUI are recording network throughput on the interface group level fine but when I expand to look at the individual ports assigned to the interface groups, i see no captured data.  Ifstat locally verifies data passing through the individual ports fine.

I am close to opening a support case but i want to start a query here first as I expand into other cluster systems to see if i see the same behavior.

Thanks, Emanuel

1 REPLY 1

emanuel

Okay ... digging deeper with help from peers it looks like on the controller on DOT 8.0.1X, the STATS command is ignoring any phsycial port assigned to a logical interface;  I will open a support case let the support process investigate.  If you use the "stats show ifnet" command, you will see a gap in the phsycial port listing before the logical interfaces display.

Performance Advisor ( as I am told ) displays only what is available to the stats command

Public