ONTAP Discussions

Random Error with Snap Manager For Exchange 6.0 and Snap Drive 6.3

yannick_n

Hello,

I have randomly this error when i try to backup (with verification) my Exchange 2k7 database with snap drive 6.3 and SME 6.0.

It's a random problem. Sometimes it works very good and sometimes i receive this message.

I don't understand when SSL/TLS is used ? and if it is a snapdrive or a snap manager connection problem (for exemple : with vCenter ?)

When i mount a snapshot for restoration there is absolutetly no problem with disk mounting.

Could you please help me to find a solution ?

Thank you in advance.

SnapManager backup finished with the following result:

*****BACKUP DETAIL SUMMARY*****
Backup group set #1:
Backup SG/DB [First Storage Group] Error: Failed to verify physical integrity of the databases.
Backup SG/DB [Second Storage Group] OK

*****BACKUP RESULT SUMMARY*****

Backup group set #1:
Backup SG/DB [First Storage Group]: Backup OK, verification failed
Backup SG/DB [Second Storage Group]: OK

Backup failed.[SnapDrive Error]:Failed to create disk in virtual machine, Failed to Map virtual disk: La demande a été abandonnée : Impossible de créer un canal sécurisé SSL/TLS..

Failed to connect the LUN in Snapshot copy (exchsnap__dc01_03-18-2011_13.08.53__daily) as drive Z on the computer (DC01).

LUN Name = RDM_FAS01_EXCH_DB
Storage Path = /vol/RDM_FAS01_EXCH_DB/
Protocol Type = LUN
Storage System Name = fas01

Error code : Failed to create disk in virtual machine, Failed to Map virtual disk: La demande a été abandonnée : Impossible de créer un canal sécurisé SSL/TLS..

2 REPLIES 2

jlaflamme

I experience the exact same problem.

I guess tou are using localized french version of Windows 2008 as I do.

On my side, the problem is experienced with SnapManager for SharePoint.

It looks like a SnapDrive issue.

I am still searching for a solution.

yannick_n

I have replace the hostname of the vcenter server with the ipadress in the snapdrive setup wizard and now all is ok.

Hope this helps you.

Public