ONTAP Discussions

Remote replication between 2 ontap 8.0 filers are not happening due to network error

saravanan_hp

Remote replication between 2 ontap 8.0 filers are not happening due to network error..

Can someone show me the tips to troubleshoot/solve this issue..

mazda> snapmirror status -l
Snapmirror is on.

Source:                 15.154.53.114:vol1
Destination:            mazda:target1
Progress:               -
State:                  Unknown
Lag:                    -
Mirror Timestamp:       -
Base Snapshot:          -
Current Transfer Type:  Scheduled
Current Transfer Error: volume is not online; cannot execute operation
Contents:               -
Last Transfer Type:     -
Last Transfer Size:     -
Last Transfer Duration: -
Last Transfer From:     -
mazda>

solstice> snapmirror status -l
Snapmirror is on.
solstice>

Both the filers are in network.. But i am not sure, why this network error is thrown.. where can i check it in filer for firewall/network settings.?  Any help to solve this issue..?

Thanks

Saravanan

5 REPLIES 5

saravanan_hp

LOG MESSAGES :

===============

Tue Aug 17 20:00:04 GMT [kern.uptime.filer:info]:   8:00pm up  1:13 0 NFS ops, 0 CIFS ops, 104 HTTP ops, 0 FCP ops, 0 iSCSI ops
Tue Aug 17 20:00:04 GMT [monitor.shelf.accessError:CRITICAL]: Enclosure services has detected an error in access to shelves on channel v0.
Tue Aug 17 20:00:04 GMT [monitor.shelf.accessError:CRITICAL]: Enclosure services has detected an error in access to shelves on channel v1.
Tue Aug 17 20:00:04 GMT [replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from 15.154.53.114:vol1 to target1 : volume is not online; cannot execute operation.
Tue Aug 17 20:00:05 GMT [unowned.disk.reminder:info]: 14 disks are currently unowned. Use 'disk assign' to assign the disks to a filer.
Tue Aug 17 20:01:05 GMT [replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from 15.154.53.114:vol1 to target1 : volume is not online; cannot execute operation.
Tue Aug 17 20:02:04 GMT [replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from 15.154.53.114:vol1 to target1 : volume is not online; cannot execute operation.
Tue Aug 17 20:03:04 GMT [replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from 15.154.53.114:vol1 to target1 : volume is not online; cannot execute operation.
Tue Aug 17 20:05:05 GMT last message repeated 2 times

Target volume is in restricted state and Source volume is online.. How to resolve this problem..?  Your help is really appreciated..

Thanks

Saravanan

parkesje1

I'm having this same issue now.  I just updated two clusters to 8.0.2, created some volume and now get:

SnapMirror: destination transfer from naftp11:ftp1 to ftp1 : volume is not online; cannot execute operation.

I've setup snapmirror at least 20 times so this is weird..so it's either my brain not working or something new in 8.0.2 I need to get use to.

All these files below are correct and the clusters.  I can ping so network is talking.

Snapmirror.allow

snapmirror.conf

hosts

parkesje1

Just want to add..

I have the  nosnap=on, nosnapdir=on volume options set(not that this matters but want to point out volume options) and destination volume is restricted now with the source volume online.

rprudent

Hi,

I am also faced with this issue.  Have 2 Ontap 8.0 7 Mode simulators running on an esxi with connectivity confirmed by ping name and ip, dns is working etc.  Snapmirror relationship created fine between both filers.  Problem is that when trying to initialize the relationship, it keep saying "[replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from site1:vol1 to vol1 : destination must be restricted for an initial transfer."  When I restrict the volume like it should be for a snapmirrored destination, then it says [replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from site1:vol1 to vol1 : process was aborted. and [replication.dst.resync.failed:error]: SnapMirror resync of vol1 to site1:vol1 : volume is not online; cannot execute operation.  NOTE: I did get it to Initialize yesterday but that was when I re created the sims and then it stopped working the next day. 

Is there a solution, is this bug with 8.0 7 Mode, should I use a downgraded sim?  Please help as I am testing SRM. Thanks

rprudent

I got through with correct snapmirror relationship and SRM SRA datastore replication array device detection, just kept going at,  a little buggy though but that's simulators for ya

Public