ONTAP Discussions

Report showing volumes with NVE enabled??

bcstorage

Good afternoon!

Is there a report available that will show all volumes that have NVE enabled in 9.1?  I have looked in OCUM and System Manager but I did not see anything.  The only thing I have found so far is doing a screenshot of the 'Volumes' screen under each SVM.  I am trying to provide proof for an audit report that we have encrypted specific volumes using NVE.  I have attempted to use the 'volume show' command from the CLI but I have not hit on the right combination of parameters to display what I need.  It shows the volume name and several other attributes but there is not a column for 'Encryption' with a 'true' result listed.  If anyone has any ideas for getting a report, please share.

Thank you,

Bill

3 REPLIES 3

Sahana

Hi,

Try using the command  volume show -is-encrypted true

volume show -encryption will list the encryption state for all volumes. None indicates not encrypted.

Refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMLP2572742

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

bcstorage

Sahana,

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried both of these commands and they both give me information about the encrypted volumes.  The volume show -is-encrypted true command would be great if it had a column that said 'Encryption' and showed a result. The volume show -encryption command has that column and would be great if I could limit the output to just the volumes that have encryption enabled. 

I know this sounds picky but our auditors can be sticklers at times.  They want system generated reports that show the information clearly.  The closest thing I have found was in System Manager.  There is a column that shows if the volume is encrypted.  I just haven't figured out a way to export the data in that screen.  It may come down to a screen shot and hope they accept it. 

Thanks again!  I appreciate you taking the time to offer a solution.

1BillK

These will display the output you are looking for:

vol show -fields encryption-state

vol show -fields encrypt

-Bill

Public