2017-09-16 08:23 AM
I want to make a test about Snapmirror reverse resync in 8.3 simulator. After I broke snapmirror relationship, I make reverse resync.
When I look from old source for snapmirror I am seeing fail message.
Is it because simulator or is there samething I am missing ?
2017-09-18 12:05 AM
Thank you for reaching NetApp communities. May i know the procedure you have been following to re-sync ?
Check if transfer in progress asthere shouldn't be any ongoing transfer while performing re-sync.
1. comment out (#) the SM relationship which you want to reverse resync from the /etc/snapmirror.conf in the destination filer.
2. Break relationship from the destination. (snapmirror break filerDst:voldst)
3. Resync snapmirror relationship from source (snapmirror resync -S filerDst:voldst filersrc:volsrc)
4. Now use snapmirror update (snapmirror update -S filerdst:voldst filersrc:volsrc)
5. Check snapmirror status from original source. (There should be two snapmirror relationship for that volume)
6. Release the earlier snapmirror relationship on source (snapmirror release)
7. Create a new entry in /etc/snappmirror.conf file on the source filer (which is now a destination for this SM relationship).