ONTAP Discussions

SQL Snapmanager 5

james_cook

When restoring a database from a sql 2005 instance on Windows 2003 i cannot see the log backups, i have to manually restore the log backups after the database restore.

I dont understand whats happening because other databases just list the database backup with snapshots below it.

Looked through documents and couldn't find anything.  The only difference for this database server is that it uses a name instance.

Any body seen anything like this or have i missed something ?

4 REPLIES 4

sourav

Hi James,

Have the TLOG backups been created from SMSQL? If yes then this could be an issue. Also, the restore tab will only list the full backup (snapshot). Only when you select it and initiate a restore will all the TLOG backups show up in the restore dialog box. If that is not happening then please let me know.

Regards,

Sourav.

james_cook

the backups are being created but are not visible in snapmanager, the snapshots are not visible either.  I had to do a Transaction Log restore through transact SQL which worked for me.

sourav

Hi James,

So let me sum this up once. You are unable to see any backups (full or transaction log) in SMSQL. This is strange.

Can you please post a screen-shot of SMSQL after taking a full and a few TLOG backups and then clicking on RESTORE in the left-hand side pane?

If nothing works then I'd like to talk to you so it would be great if you could email me your telephone number and time zone. My email ID is sourav@netapp.com

Regards,

Sourav.

james_cook

I can see the full backups however the transactional backups do not appear in the list.  I have sent you a screen shot..

thanks

Public