ONTAP Discussions

SRM "Reprotect" failing to resync snapmirror

VELMANIN

We are running VMWARE 5.0 with NetApp storage ( NetApp Release 8.0.2P4 7-Mode  and VSC version 4.0)

We have test VM snapmirrored to our DR site. I used SRM to failover the test VM to our DR site. The VM failed over with out any issues. However when I want to "Reprotect" the VM from DR to Production site. I get this following error:

Error: Failed to reverse replication for devices '/vol/HNJTEST'. SRA command 'reverseReplication" failed for device '/vol/TTNTEST'. SnapMirror resynchronization failed. Ensure that the devices are configured correctly.

Below is the snapmirror status in DR storage array:

Snapmirror is on.

Source                              Destination                                      State               Lag                                 Status

ARRAY2:HNJTEST          ARRAY2:TTNTEST            Uninitialized       -                    Idle

ARRAY2:TTNTEST           ARRAY2:HNJTEST           Source              20:04:41        Idle

Below is the snapmirror status in Production site storage array:

Snapmirror is on.

Source                               Destination                                      State          Lag                                      Status

ARRAY2:TTNTEST           ARRAY2:HNJTEST           Broken-off                                                  Idle

How do I make sure the reverse replication is enabled.

8 REPLIES 8

spark_elziny

did you fond the solution because i have the same issue?

VELMANIN

In my case. The config file snapmirror.allow was never configured at the DR site Filer. Read the config file using the command "rdfile /etc/snapmirror.allow" . This file show either contain the filername of snapmirror pair or the Volume names those are snapmirrored.

For example, if snapmirror is setup between  Array 1 and Array2 and you run "rdfile /etc/snapmirror.allow" command from Array 2. The result should be Array1.  In some cases only certain volumes are allowed for snapmirror. In that case the result should be

Array2: Volume name

Also make sure hosts file has the right IPaddress and name for the Filers.

spark_elziny

Dear,

You mean check the host file in which server( srm or vcenter or what)?

Best Regards

Ibrahim M. ELZINY

Technical Support Engineer.

VELMANIN

Run "rdfile /etc/hosts" in both filer and check the IPs and names.

spark_elziny

Dear,

Could you tell me what is the correct permission for the NFS volume in the main site and the DR site.

I already make the snap-mirror from the main to DR and the planed migration is done correctly. But when to try make reprotect its failed because it can not make the reverse snap mirror.

Best Regards

Ibrahim M. ELZINY

Technical Support Engineer.

VELMANIN

I am sure you are doing Array based replication not vSphere Replication.

From both Filer console run "snapmirror status" to verify the mirroring status.

If possible please post some more detail about your setup and exact error message.

spark_elziny

Dear

Kindly find the attached files for recovery and reprotect

Regards,

Ibrahim M. Elzin

T&S Department

Email iabdelghani@segas.com.eg<mailto:iabdelghani@segas.com.eg>

Mobile: (+2) 012 01000 105

Phone : (+2) 057-2290471/8

Fax : (+2) 057- 2290286/7/9

Damietta Office

LNG Plant, Damietta Port

Damietta

Egypt

URL http://www.unionfenosagas.com/

VELMANIN

Thanks for the info. What is the result when you run "snapmirror status" on both filer. Also for  "rdfile /etc/snapmirror.allow "

Public