ONTAP Discussions

Single Mailbox Recovery 5 - fails in restore

ateacaindk

When I try to export files to a pst this picture shows up after a while.

I have also tried to recovery old snapshots and they all do the same thing.

This picture comes up after a while when I export directly to the users mailbox.

We are running version 5 and hopefully someone out there knows this error.

Best Regards

Tom Eiersted

Atea

5 REPLIES 5

rodrigon

Hi Tom,

how are you?

Did you connect to all necessary LUNs(database, transactional logs and snapinfo) to do this recovery process?

rgds,

Nascimento

ateacaindk

Hi Rodrigo

This is one of our customers that have this problem and I am new to this application and I am trying to help them over the telephone/email.

Is there some guidelines or things that I/customer can check in order to be sure that it has all that it needs. I have tried to find a trial version

of this application but has been unsuccessfully in it.

Could it be permissions or something like that, my original guess was that it was something like denied access to these folders.

I will hear back from the customer later today about whether or not it is still a problem, but it would be nice to know exactly was causing this,

error, since it is probably not the first time he will see it or be using the application.

Are Single Mailbox recovery able to log these errors in an text file or something like that, it would probably explain more that database corruption.

Best Regards

Tom E.

sourav

Hi Tom,

The reasons for this error are: -

1. Incompatible Outlook/Exchange version. I have seen this many times.

2. Inadequate licenses.

Can you check if both the above are ruled out.

Regards,

Sourav Chakraborty

Technical Marketing Engineer

SMAI , NetApp

sourav@netapp.com

ateacaindk

Hi

NKT flexibles has Exchange 2003 version 6.5.7638.1 (servicepack 2) and Office 2007 on the client side.

How can we check if we have adequate licenses, because that could be the case.

Best Regards

Tom Eiersted

Atea

sourav

Hi Tom,

I just realized that one other reason here could be incompatible Outlook and Exchange Server versions from an SMBR support standpoint. Let me verify the same and then get back to you.

Regards,

Tom.

Public