ONTAP Discussions

SnapManager for Exchange job is not snapvaulting (archiving) all Storage Groups to Array at remote site

michaeldparker

Hi All,

We have just recently installed two new Exchange 2007 servers running on Window 2008R2 Enterprise (SP1).  These two servers are running in our VMware 4.1 environment.  On both servers, we have installed SnapManager for Exchange 6.0.2R1 (and latest snapdrive of course) integrated with Protection Manager (OnCommand5) to create backups that will be archived at our remote location.  Each storage group is on it's own RDM lun in separate volumes.

Both servers are configured identically (other than the fact that one server has 1 additional sg than the other)  and despite that one does not work properly.  On the broken server, if I run the SME backup wizard, it completes successfully, but when the job in Protection Manager runs, it only updates the snapinfo snapvault relationship.  If you look in the details of the job, PM is clearly detecting the proper number of vault relationships and verifies if the remote destination needs resizing or not, but never starts an update on them.   On the server that works, it detects all of the vault relationships and updates them correctly.

If anyone has any ideas on what to check, I'd greatly apprectiate it.  I have been digging looking for anything different and have not been able to find the solution yet.

Thanks

Michael

1 REPLY 1

JANDREWARTHA

Have you added or removed any storage groups since the initial setup of SME? If so, try rerunning the configuration wizard, as that fixed it for me after I removed a legacy storage group.

Public