ONTAP Discussions

SnapMirror relationships not found in Protection Manager

michael_cakar

Hi there. I've got a number of VSM and QSM relationships created between various ontap 7.3.1.1 arrays. DFM has discovered all relationships.

My issue is that I cannot see some relationships in Protection Manager. The relationship is snapmirrored and idle. I can see most relationships, not all. I've tried running dfm host discover hostname and even set the backup discovery down to 10 minutes. No luck. All relationships were created around a week ago. I'd like to import the relationships into Protection Manager, but can't see them under unprotected data.

Anyone have any ideas that could help?

thanks

Mike.

2 REPLIES 2

muhammad_i_pasha

Hi - You managed to sort this out? Which dfm version you were using? Thanks

michael_cakar

Hi Muhammad.

Sorry to report, but I never found a solution to this one.

We managed to "work around" a few of the relationships by totally destroying the destination and re-creating the SnapVault / SnapMirror relationship.

I know it's not an ideal situation, but it's the only one that has worked for me.

We originally had the issue with DFM 3.8. But the customer has since upgraded to DFM 4.0 and still experiences the issue intermittently. Although, after a day or three the relationship eventually shows up in DFM external relationships.

Mike.

Public