ONTAP Discussions

SnapProtect and OSSV?

aborzenkov

Is there any support for OSSV in SnapProtect? Commvault Sympana has something that is called Quick Recovery volumes which apparently does support OSSV, but this feature is listed as deprecated in Sympana 9.0. Is there any replacement for it? Is it licensed with NetApp SnapProtect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

glennm

SnapProtect does not currently manage OSSV, so those backup relationships would need to be managed independent of SnapProtect. However, NetApp is evaluating OSSV integration for a future release of SnapProtect.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

radek_kubka

Hi,

According to my (limited) knowledge around CommVault, there is no OSSV-like integration with NetApp SnapVault target.

Regards,

Radek

scottgelb

Commvault had a support agent that handled databases that worked with the NetApp OSSV agent but I don't know of anyone who used it. It looked like a helper agent to handle exchange, SQL, etc that OSSV didn't handle. Although the latest OSSV handles SQL now.

scottgelb

Snapprotect only backs up data on NetApp. No bare metal for servers either just only data on the fas... So I don't think any OSSV support in it....without going Simpana outside of snapprotect.

glennm

SnapProtect does not currently manage OSSV, so those backup relationships would need to be managed independent of SnapProtect. However, NetApp is evaluating OSSV integration for a future release of SnapProtect.

Public